Web Design Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all web site design services offered by Xclusive Web Design web design.
New EU LAW on Cookies
For Google Analytics Users
For people with “Contact Us” type forms
Cookies allow us to deal with accidentally repeated submissions when you fill in one of our forms.
For all sites
We do not permanently link your cookies to any personal information you provide. So each time you visit the site your identity is not known to us.
1) By ordering services from Xclusive Web Design web design you agree to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise.
2) The acceptance of a commission shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Xclusive Web Design web design.
3) Xclusive Web Design web design cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
4) All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
5) The copyright for all material provided by Xclusive Web Design web design, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Xclusive Web Design web design until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
6) Xclusive Web Design web design makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
7) If a client wishes Xclusive Web Design web design to promote a web site as a separate commission, Xclusive Web Design web design will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
8} Xclusive Web Design web design can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client’s web site.
9) Xclusive Web Design web design will initially place the client’s website on one of Xclusive Web Design web design’s demonstration servers during in order that the client may view and comment upon the website’s progress.
10) When both Xclusive Web Design web design and the client agree that the website meets the criteria agreed during the commissioning process, Xclusive Web Design web design will invoice the client for the full amount due for the commission. On receipt of payment, Xclusive Web Design web design will publish the website on the client’s server, or provide the source code for the site via a download (or cd-rom disk) for the client to upload.
11) If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Xclusive Web Design web design judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
12) If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Xclusive Web Design web design will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
13) Xclusive Web Design web design expects payment by cheque or cash within 14 days of the date on the invoice.
14) Any payment returned by the bank will incur a £20 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
15) Xclusive Web Design web design does not undertake to maintain or update a client’s website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Xclusive Web Design web design to maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, Xclusive Web Design web design will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
16) Xclusive Web Design web design reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Xclusive Web Design web design prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
17) By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Xclusive Web Design web design reserves the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms and Conditions.